Preparing for Your Bed Bug Heat Treatment
Just hearing the words “bed bugs” is enough to make anyone's skin crawl. The discovery of bed bugs in your Brampton home is unpleasant and stressful, but scheduling bed bug heat treatment with a bed bug removal company is the solution to your dilemma. Heat treatment is a safe and effective way to control bed bug infestations, but you must follow specific guidelines prior to the treatment so that your belongings are protected and the treatment is completely effective. During the bed bug heat treatment process, the temperature inside your home will reach 158 degrees Fahrenheit.
Protecting Your Belongings and Containing the Infestation
- Remove heat-sensitive items, such as pets, medication, cosmetics, musical instruments, plants, blinds, wax-based products, food, artwork, batteries, and flammable items.
- Leave all clothing in the home, and dry the clothes you're wearing on the day of heat treatment in the dryer for thirty minutes. This action will prevent you from bringing bed bugs on your clothing back into your home after treatment.
- Spread out piles of clothing and other fabrics to ensure that air flow is possible.
- Drape sheets, towels, blankets, and other long fabrics over chairs and open doors.
- Turn off all electronic devices before the heat treatment.
- Move furniture eight inches away from walls.
- Make sure that paths are clear between furniture items.
- To limit the spread of bed bugs before your scheduled heat treatment, vacuum infested areas, and treat small areas with a hair dryer. Small areas and crevices can also be treated with rubbing alcohol.
- Vacuum dust and pet hair to prevent damage to heat treatment equipment.
- Don't remove items from the treatment area unless they are bagged for permanent removal.
- Secure loose papers and lightweight items.
- Don't use pesticides or bug repellent prior to bed bug heat treatment.
- Use bins, crates, or grocery bags to contain items, not cardboard boxes.
Although preparing for your bed bug heat treatment may be an extensive process, hiring a pest control company to perform heat treatment is a sure way to eliminate bed bugs in your Brampton home. If bed bugs are plaguing your residence, seek assistance from trusted professionals at Bed Bug Authority Canada.